Are you ready to apply for jobs?
If you’re looking for work, whether it is a part time or full-time job, an internship or a summer position, you will need to have a resume/CV and cover letter.
The resume/CV and cover letter are fundamental to any job search because they provide important information about you, such as:
- your career goals
- your work/volunteer experience and extracurricular involvement
- your academic/educational achievements
- your skills and accomplishments
Your resume/CV and cover letter tells a potential employer:
- if you have the qualifications for a job
- if you have the skill to do a particular job
- if you understood the job description and targeted your resume
- your attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- the level of your written communication skills
- if you are good candidate to call for an interview
I need help!
Do not fear. There are many great resources and services to help you with your resume.
- Go through the one of our Job Search 101 online workshops. This will help you decide on a format, understand what you should include, and how to make your skills and accomplishments stand out.
- Make updates to your resume, cover letter,or CV after completing the workshop
- Visit the Career Resource Centre in the Learning Commons and look through one of our many books
- Have your resume reviewed by a Career Assistant in the Career Resource Centre and look at different resume samples. Hard copy documents are required for review services.
Visit the Online Resource Centre on CareerZone for resources, samples and templates for resumes, cover letters and CVs!!
Go to careerzone.brocku.ca and log into your account, then navigate to Career Services > Online Resource Centre