Staying Healthy This Winter
In St. Catharines, it's safe to describe the the weather as "unpredictable."
We at Student Health Services and want students to know how to stay healthy this winter. Even though it looks pretty nice outside, it still can be quite chilly and very cold at night.
Be up to date on today's weather for Brock University and the surrounding area.
For some more Safe Winter Fun tips visit Health Canada .
Remember some "Do’s and Don’ts" of winter care to stay healthy and avoid getting sick :
- Use SPF lotion & lip balm to protect your skin and lips from the sun.
- Moisturize after showering to keep skin hydrated.
- Take a daily vitamin to help fight off infection.
- Stay hydrated.
- Continue to always wash your hands to avoid germs and sickness.
- Use fragranced lotions, the alcohol will dry your skin out.
- Go outside with wet hair.
- Forget your sunglasses, the sun is just as strong in the winter when it reflects off the snow.
- Forget to wear scarves, mitts, and hats, because heat escapes through these areas (especially through your head).
Prepare for the day by packing your backpack with some winter care items:
Your Backpack Winter Kit Should Include:
- Mini Kleenex pack
- Hand/face moisturizer (alcohol free)
- Lip chap (SPF)
- Extra pair of socks
- Vitamin C
- Cold Pills; Advil/ Tylenol
- Hand Sanitizer
Your Home Winter Care Kit:
- Vitamin C
- Non-perishable foods
- Gravol, Advil/Tylenol, Cold Pills
Avoid the Chill, Don't Get Ill!