Use of Library Computers
All library computers require users to log on to the campus network using their Brock portal/email username and password. However, we recognize that we have visitors to our campus who may also require temporary access to computers and the Internet. To satisfy the security issues involving computer use on campus, the James A. Gibson Library has created a “guest" or "temporary" user account option.
- Users must show an acceptable piece of photo ID such as North American driver’s license, passport, Ontario Photo Card, or a current university or college ID card, to Circulation Services Desk staff.
- Staff will complete an online form using the data from the photo ID card and provide the user with a printout listing a temporary username, password and guest account policies.
- The temporary username/password is valid until the end of the current day.
- The username/password can only be used on the specified library workstations.
- The account may take up to 15 minutes to become active.
- It is the responsibility of the user to safeguard this username/password information.
- The user can request a temporary/guest account once in a 24-hour period.
- The user agrees to abide by the computer use policy posted on the library web site.
Printing and Copying
Users are required to have a valid Brock ID card with funds loaded on it for printing and copying. The University is currently working to provide our guests with printing and copying options. As an interim measure, guests may ask Circulation and Help desk staff to copy or print jobs and then pay for the jobs through them.
For further assistance, please contact staff at the Circulation Services Desk; telephone 905-688-5550, ext. 4583, or complete this form.