When content is focused on an outside audience — current and potential students and faculty, parents, donors and friends of the University — use Brock's web content management system (CMS) for your site.
About the CMS
- Drupal is the CMS we use for brocku.ca
- Brock started implementing Drupal in 2009 after a thorough review of all our options.
- Marketing and Communications partners with Information Technology Services to manage the implementation of Drupal.
- Drupal is easy to use. Users with minimal technical skill can use it to update web pages.
- Drupal is web based, so you can use it on almost any computer.
- Drupal is accessible. It has a lot of tools to make the site accessible to those with disabilities.
- The CMS templates give the whole site a consistent look and feel, but you can customize parts of your page.
- To work in Drupal, all that's required is a CMS account and a brief training session.
- To request a CMS account and training session, go to the web training request form .
Please note: The CMS is only available to faculty and staff users, although graduate and undergraduate students working within departments could also be eligible for accounts.
Welcome to Marketing Communications