Published on Brock University (http://brocku.ca)
Highlights for this issue
• NEW — Summer schedule for e-Bulletin
The e-bulletin will reduce its distribution schedule through the summer months with issues planned for June 27, July 18 and August 15.
The distribution cycle of every second week will resume as of Sept. 5.
• NEW — The Faculty of Graduate Studies has posted a series of videos highlighting presentations held earlier this year as part of the Mapping the New Knowledges Graduate Student Research Conference. The videos feature:
The Three Minute Thesis Competition
• NEW — NSERC and SSHRC announcements: The results of the 2013 SSHRC and NSERC Doctoral and Master's awards have been posted online. CIHR and OGS results are expected to be announced later this month.
• SSHRC Impact Awards: The SSHRC Impact Awards are a renewal of a series of prizes previously awarded by SSHRC. The five annual awards (Gold Medal; Talent Award; Insight Award; Connection Award; and Partnership Award) recognize the highest achievements in social sciences and humanities research, knowledge mobilization and scholarship in areas supported by SSHRC.
An information sheet is posted online
For potential Brock graduate student nominees: Please e-mail one page of material (point form is fine) to the Dean of Graduate Studies via Joanne Kremble indicating which award you are nominating a student for, and based on what is required for the nomination, on what basis the nominee would be a strong applicant from Brock for this award.
Complete details regarding these awards are available online
• International Funding Opportunities: Go to the Brock International website for details about international funding opportunities.