When and how should you respond to posts made by others in social media?
Before responding to a post or comment in social media, ask yourself:
- Does this comment or post need a response?
- Am I the right person to respond? If not, who would be the right person?
- Do I know the culture of the blog or online community? And am I familiar with what's been posted there in the past?
Be sure to respond to posts and comments with these tips in mind:
- Always try to speak in the first person (e.g., At Brock, I think it's important that we speak in the first person as much as possible).
- Focus on the subject matter, not the person.
- Be personable and respectful. Never respond if you are angry.
- Whenever possible, share a link to an official source to clarify an issue and offer to help in the future.
- Before posting, make sure that you're not accidentally leaking confidential information.
- Since your response will likely be seen by others and turn up in search engine results, proof read it at least three times before posting.
Brock University Facebook Page Guidelines
Do you think anything else should be added to this list?
Email Brock University social media.