Who We Are
Brock University’s ESL Services has offered English courses to students from all over the world, since 1982. Through a mixture of formal classroom settings, and socio-cultural activities, students are able to learn and gain confidence in their English abilities. Some students wish to improve their English skills in order to advance their studies in their own countries, or for future employment. While, others work to increase their language proficiency before applying for acceptance to North American universities.
What We Do
ESL Services offers many programs that students can choose from:
- Intensive English Language Program (IELP)
- A 14 week program in which students improve their grammar, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Academic Transitions Program (AcT)
- A 14 week program that offers advanced students the opportunity to complete their ESL studies at the same time as they take a credit course toward their undergraduate degree.
- Graduate Academic Preparation Program (GAPP)
- Provides a primary focus on preparing international students, whose first language is not English, for the academic demands of graduate and other specialized programs at Brock University.
- Summer English Language Program (SELP)
- A 5-week summer program in which students improve their reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. The Summer ESL Program, Explore is also offered during this time.
- Customized English Language Programs (CELPs)
- Can be designed for a wide variety of groups and purposes. The CELP offered by ESL Services can be tailored in terms of length and purpose to specific group needs.
Where We Are Located
Brock University is located in St. Catharines, Ontario and is within an hour’s drive of Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Buffalo, NY. The Niagara Region offers the students a variety of activities, such exploring Niagara’s natural beauty and visiting world-class attractions.
Located on Brock University's East Campus, ESL Services is located in the International Centre (#34 on the Internative Map ).