Published on Brock University (http://brocku.ca)
Aug. 27, 2009
This September, Brock will welcome back 17,000 new and returning students to campus for the beginning of the 2009-10 school year.
Throughout Orientation Week, taking place Monday, Sept. 7 to Sunday, Sept. 13, campus and community partners such as the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU), Graduate Students’ Association (GSA), Brock Off-Campus, Department of Residences, Community Connections and Student Services, will organize events and programs for students on and off campus.
For more info, please visit the 2009 Orientation Week website: www.brocku.ca/orientation
The following are some of the events planned for Orientation Week at Brock:
* Academic Orientation (Wednesday, Sept. 9, various sessions, 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.) — a chance for students to meet professors and classmates in their faculties and majors
* Concert (Wednesday, Sept. 9, 7:30 – 11 p.m.) — back to school show for Brock students
* International student Beach Day/BBQ at Port Dalhousie (Friday, Sept. 11, 5 – 8 p.m.)
* BUSU’s Shinerama Shine Day (Saturday, Sept. 12, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) — an opportunity for students to volunteer around Niagara and help raise money to fight cystic fibrosis (free breakfast and lunch provided)
* Vendor and Club Fair (Tuesday, Sept. 8 and Wednesday, Sept. 9, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) — two full days of activities and free giveaways featuring local businesses and services available at Brock