Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
CPI offers a certificate program for TAs interested in attending a series of workshops.
Basic Certification requires participation in 8 workshops offered throughout the year. Undergraduate TAs can also apply their certificate towards the Experience Plus Program, offered through Career Services. For additional informtion contact Pauline Dawson email@example.com or ext. 4414
Advanced Certification requires achievement of the Basic Certificate and participation in an additional 8 workshops, along with submitting a statement of teaching philosophy.
Although all Brock TAs are invited to attend any of the workshops offered throughout the year, TAs who complete any of the Certification Programs, are presented with their certificates at the TA Reception, hosted by the Vice President Academic and the Centre for Pedagogical Innovation at the end of the academic year. TAs earning the Advanced Certificate are also invited to participate in Faculty workshops.
Benefits of participation in the TA Certification Program
- Gain practical hands-on strategies for dealing with potential problems in seminars and labs.
- Gain critical information on how to promote a positive learning environment
- Learn creative techniques for planning effective seminars
- Become skilled in marking and how to apply these practices to essays. seminars and labs.
- Meet and share ideas with TAs from other disciplines.
- Learn effective strategies for fostering a climate of diversity
- Gain success in time management through time saving suggestions
- Obtain practical strategies for helping your students to study effectively
- Document your commitment to teaching excellence - a certificate provides evidence of your professional development.
For additional information about the TA certificate programs contact firstname.lastname@example.org