Library Loan to Distance Education Users (Pilot Project)
Students can order delivery of unrestricted Brock University Library material right to the doorstep! Items are sent by courier and require a signature, to an address of your choice (postal box delivery not accepted.)
Use the library catalogue to identify individual materials for loan.
Please note the following guidelines:
- This pilot project is available to students who reside in Canada and are currently enrolled in the Centre for Applied Disability Studies program through December 31, 2014 and is limited to circulating materials held in the James A. Gibson Library and IRC (St. Catharines Campus.)
- Requests are processed the next business day provided that the material is available, and delivered by courier within 2-3 business days.
- Reserve, RACER / ILL, and other non-circulating materials are not available through this service.
- Loan periods are dictated by normal library borrowing guidelines. Note the due date for each item upon receipt.
- Instructions for returning library materials, at no cost to you, are included in each shipment.
- Use the "My Library Account" service to track due dates and renew materials. Requests for the item by another user and overdue fees may prevent you from renewing online and would necessitate the immediate return of the item.
- Remember to monitor and respond to courtesy email and overdue notices sent to your Brock email account.
- Users are responsible for returning materials in a timely manner.
Please note that intercampus loan requests between the Hamilton campus library and the IRC (Instructional Resource Center) should be initiated by visiting the IRC/Hamilton intercampus Loan page.
Contact the James A. Gibson Library Circulation Desk at (905) 688-5550 ext. 4583 or email us at email@example.com for further assistance.