Guest Computer Account
How to obtain a temporary guest account for use on Library computers
All library computers require users to log on to the network using their Brock portal/email username and password. However, we recognize the fact that we have many visitors to our campus who may also require temporary access to computers and internet services. In order to satisfy the security issues involving computer use on campus, the James A. Gibson Library has created a “guest" or "temporary" user account option to allow visitors to make use of our computers and the internet.
Conditions and procedures for the temporary user account access are outlined below:
- Users must swipe an acceptable North American driver’s license at the self-serve temporary user account station, or present government-issued photo ID to the Circulation/Reserve staff
- Users must agree to the “acceptable use policy” outlined on the temporary account workstation and posted on the University web site.
- The temporary username/password is valid until the end of the current day.
- The username/password can only be used on the specified library workstations.
- The account may take up to 15 minutes to become active.
- A receipt will be generated which will provide the username and password generated, along with guest account policies.
- It is the responsibility of the user to safeguard this username/password information.
- The user can swipe their ID once in a 24 hour period.
Questions should be directed to Jonathan Younker,
Head, Library Systems & Technologies
Gibson Library, Brock University.