Guest Computer Account
How to obtain a temporary guest account for use on Library computers
All library computers require users to log on to the network using their Brock portal/email username and password. However, we recognize the fact that we have many visitors to our campus who may also require temporary access to computers and internet services. In order to satisfy the security issues involving computer use on campus, the James A. Gibson Library has created a “guest" or "temporary" user account option to allow visitors to make use of our computers and the internet.
Conditions and procedures for the temporary user account access are outlined below:
- Users must show an acceptable piece of photo ID such as driver’s license, passport, Ontario Photo Card or a current university or college ID card, to Circulation Services Desk staff.
- Staff will complete an online form using the data from the photo ID card and provide the user with a printout containing a temporary username, password and guest account policies.
- The temporary username/password is valid until the end of the current day.
- The username/password can only be used on the specified library workstations.
- The account may take up to 15 minutes to become active.
- It is the responsibility of the user to safeguard this username/password information.
- The user can request a temporary/guest account once in a 24 hour period.
- The user agrees to abide by the computer use policy posted on the library web site.
Questions should be directed to Jonathan Younker,
Head, Library Systems & Technologies
Gibson Library, Brock University.