Brock recognizes profs for outstanding teaching at Convocation
Published on June 06 2013
First-rate teaching and mentoring that goes above and beyond the norm is the cornerstone of Brock’s reputation for excellence in undergraduate and graduate education. And at this year’s Spring Convocation taking place from June 11 to 15, the University will pay tribute to six faculty members for their exceptional contributions to teaching.
“The entire Brock community acknowledges and thanks these award-winning professors,” says Murray Knuttila, Provost and Vice-President, Academic.
“The diversity and scope of their interests, approaches and styles makes it clear that for Brock faculty, teaching happens everywhere, be it the classroom, the lab or on a field trip, or during conversations in offices and even over coffee. We are rightly proud of how our teachers mix traditional and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Professor Michael Carter, Department of Classics, Faculty of Humanities
- Professor David Hutchison, Department of Teacher Education, Faculty of Education
- Professor Marilyn Cottrell, Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Professor Alan Castle, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- Professor Cheri Bradish, Department of Sports Management, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
- Professor Anamitra Shome, Department of Accounting, Goodman School of Business