E-Learning Initiative: Phase II Call for Proposals
Published on April 17 2012
The Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic is pleased to announce Phase II of the E-Learning Initiative and invites proposals from all full-time teaching staff for on-line courses/hybrid courses to be funded and developed in 2012 in collaboration with the Centre for Pedagogical Innovation (CPI).
- a large enrolment course
- a high-demand course (for example, a mandatory course required for majors or a prescribed Core and Context course)
- a niche course (i.e. a course the content of which is not offered elsewhere in Ontario)
- a first-year course
- a graduate course
- a hybrid course (for example, a course that is 50% online and 50% face to face; a course that takes advantage of a “flipped curriculum”)
- a course that is constructed around an innovative methodology. This could include the use of digital tools in novel and creative ways to support the underlying pedagogical strategy, to achieve the explicit learning outcomes of the course, or to evaluate student learning by exploiting the nature of the digital environment and the capabilities of select digital tools.
- existing courses that have been adapted to take advantage of digital tools and/or the connected digital environment to foster learning.