- About Us
- Departments and Centres
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Centre for Biotechnology
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Science Stores
- Academic Programs
- Contact Us
Faculty of Mathematics and Science
We are all looking forward to Scientifically Yours 2012! In addition to the Workshop projects we have a variety of other activities planned.
- Five Hands on Science/Math Projects
- Zumba/Campus Tour/Hike
- Scavenger Hunt
- Dinner with Professional Scientisits (Semi-formal)
- Residence living experience
Here are a few things you might want to keep in mind while packing to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible.
Don't forget your alarm clock! We won’t be able to give wake-up calls.
Clothing: Generally. dress for the workshop is casual (jeans, shorts and skirts), however, in the projects, long pants and closed-toed shoes are required.
Please wear closed-toed shoes and long pants while participating in the science projects. This is a matter of laboratory safety.
There will be time for recreation, work-out clothes, and nonmarking shoes for the gym.
Mentors Banquet (Friday):
We have scheduled ‘an evening with women in science’. You will want to bring something nice to wear for this special semi-formal dinner. (A long gown and tiara would be too much.)
· Items provided in each room in residence include: towel, face cloth, bed linen/pillow, soap, plastic drinking cup, closet hangers.
· You may want to bring your own pillow and towel to give your room an at-home feel.
· Make sure to pack your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, blow-dryer etc!
· Bring any games or videos you would like to share with the group.
· Parents please note that residence rooms have access to the Internet via an Ethernet cable and code. Brock University does not restrict Internet site usage on campus, however, wifi is not available to anyone under the age of 18 years.
Messages may be left for you at (905) 688-5550, ext. 3369 twenty-four hours a day.
You will have a phone in your room; long distance calls can be made by purchasing a phone card at Conferences Services.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give Christene Carpenter-Cleland, Scientifically Yours Coordinator a call at (905) 688-5550, ext.5788 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org