Role of the administrator
The administrator of an official Brock University social media page has an important role to play involving the following tasks:
- Plan: develop a social media strategy with measurable goals and objectives that tie back to your unit’s goals. Create an editorial calendar of content and find news articles, stories and tips to include in it. Keep up to date with it and do not let your social media property go stale or silent.
- Listen: monitor the conversations already taking place in social media about the University, your unit and your areas of interest. Moderate as appropriate.
- Engage: answer questions, address concerns, thank, comment and develop creative ways to provide value to your audiences and encourage feedback and engagement by posting interesting and exclusive content, asking questions and rewarding your followers.
- Connect with influencers and thought leaders: identify and follow key influencers and thought leaders in your areas of interest and learn what they consider valuable within the social media realm. Interact with them and reach out to them to help deliver your message.
- Convert: persuade your audience to act on behalf of the University and your area, whether it is information sharing, relationship building or influencing outcomes such as participation in a research project.
- Measure: ensure your social media effort is set up for success by establishing measurable goals and returning to them regularly.
- Provide feedback: regularly update your manager with the progress of social media efforts. Keep him/her in the loop regarding particularly positive or concerning posts.