- About Us
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Equipment for Loan
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Overview
- Maps, Data & GIS (formerly Map Library)
James A. Gibson Library
Library Appeal Process
Under the James A. Gibson Library loan policies, borrowers may appeal fines and charges.
Please note that the following are NOT acceptable reasons for appealing library fees.
• Failing to receive reminder notices, either electronically or by mail
• Failing to note due dates
• Failing to renew on time
• Due dates which fall while the user is on vacation, or out of the local area
• Lack of knowledge of library policies.
To appeal on other grounds, please provide specific details which will substantiate your case. When providing justification for an appeal, it is important to provide detailed information, i.e. book title(s), dates and reasons. Without this detail, it could be difficult to adjudicate your appeal. You will normally receive a response within 10 (ten) working days.
Information gathered is in accordance with the James A. Gibson Library's Privacy and Protection of Information Policy.