For Graduate Students
First Generation Graduate Students Consultations and Forums:
First Generation graduate students are invited to become part of the First Generation program--a network enabling First Generation grad students to join forums, workshops, and groups that focus on their specific interests and needs. First Generation graduate students are encouraged to consult with the First Generation Coordinator, Jesse Barraza, to explore the best ways our service can assist their transition into grad school and build the confidence, interest, and motivation necessary to meet the increasing demands of graduate studies (email@example.com ext. 3776).
Specially Designed Workshops:
Learning Skills Services will design and tailor workshops for small groups of 4 or more, to address specific needs of graduate students-especially concerns of First Generation graduate students. Examples:
- Time Management (1 1/2 hrs.)
- Advanced APA Style (1 1/2 hrs.)
- How to Write an Abstract (1 hr.)
- Critical Thinking Skills (2 hrs.)
- How to Create a Poster Session (1 hr.)
- Advanced Grammar and Style (2 hr.)
- Making Presentations of Your Work (1 hr.)
- A Crash Course in Writing Your Science Thesis (3 hrs.),
- Effective Scientific Writing & Presentation (five 2-hour workshops).
A general listing of our workshops is available online Workshops Online.