Desktop Collaboration with Remotely Located Partners
Welcome to Bridgit 3 data conferencing - an easy way to share information. Intuitive, secure and economical, multiple participants can share webcam views and engage in voice-over-IP discussions. Each participant has the option to deliver a presentation, teach a class or recieve feedback on a document.
Brock Faculty and Staff can:
- Initiate a conference at any time.
- Join a conference by choosing from a list of active sessions.
- Invite participants to quickly and easily join your conference. Selecting "Invite" automatically activates your email program to send out conference information.
- Protect information with our SSL security. You simply choose a password to hold a confidential conference that keeps your data safe and secure.
- Share your desktop through a simple mouse click. Participants can request and then instantly take over the sharing, or the person sharing can disable this option.
- Talk to and view participating colleagues.
- Decide whether to extend control of your computer to participants.
- Write notes over the shared desktop and permit participants to create and view annotations. More than one participant can write at the same time.
- Highlight information - in fact, each participant can use a personalized arrow tool to point to particular items.
- If your conference is hosted in Welch Hall 147, you can save your work. All participants can write directly in a shared Notebook software file, and all notes, annotations and screen captures can be saved in that file and subsequently sent to the participants as PDFfiles, graphics or posted web pages.
- Annotations may also be saved when groups collaborate using Microsoft Word, Excel or Powerpoint.