Mandate and Constitution
The Graduate Students' Association's purpose is to:
- Promote academic, professional and social student development
- Facilitate interaction between students from all departments
- Provide opportunities for interaction between students and the internal university community (including faculty & administration)
- Enhance the profile of graduate students in the external community
- Advocate & lobby for student representation & meet student concerns
- Promote equity of access for student opportunities
GSA JOB DESCRIPTIONS
The attached lists the job descriptions and expectations for the GSA Executives, Senators, Board of Trustees Member and the Program Representatives.
GSA COUNCIL MEETINGS
GSA Council Meetings are held monthly. The schedule for the 2015-16 GSA Council meetings is confirmed.
The GSA Council Handbook is a great resource for members.
All meetings are open to the public and graduate students are always welcome to attend. Students who wish to bring a matter to the board's attention are asked to contact the GSA office 7 days in advance of the meeting, so their issue may be added to the agenda.
You can view the GSA Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes under the GSA Council Resources tab.
REFERENDUM results for new proposed $20 Graduate Student Mental Health & Wellness Fee:
Yes - 189
No - 113
Abstain - 30
Number of voters: 332 Percentage Voted: 19.31%
The new Mental Health & Wellness fee will be assessed to all registered Graduate students, once per year, beginning in the Fall 2015 term. For details see Memorandum of Understanding for this fee.