Allows you to enter a new requisition.
Requisition details should be entered as follows:
1. Requisition #: Requisition # will be generated by the system after successful completion of the requisition. (LEAVE BLANK)
2. Supplier/Vendor #: It is necessary to enter the supplier/vendor # obtained from the Vendor File. For information on obtaining a vendor # - please refer to “SECTION G” in this manual.
2a. If you cannot locate the supplier # (e.g. new supplier etc.) from the Vendor File – please enter the complete mailing address along with telephone – fax #’s and contact name in the spaces provided on the requisition.
3. Confirmation Only: (pull down menu) – Yes – if you have obtained an advance/reserved Purchase Order # from Purchasing. No – if you have not.
4. P/O number on Reserve: If you answered yes to # 3 – then you must enter the Purchase Order # in the space provided.
5. Department use: For departments’ use. (e.g. – tracking purposes – course name etc.)
6. Quote: Enter applicable Quote # and forward copy of the quote and/or additional quotes and related documents along with your purchase requisition.
7. Sending Attachments: (pull down menu) – Yes – if you are forwarding quotes or related documents.
8. Date: Enter a reasonable required delivery date. Note - the date must be entered as it appears in the legend. “YYYYMMDD”
9. Name: Pre-filled.
10. Department: Pre-filled.
11. Research: (pull down menu) – Yes if you are requesting a PST tax exempt status.
12. License: Enter Yes ONLY if product is for re-sale.
13. Fiscal Year: Pre-filled – (until approximately one month prior to year-end).
14. Account Number: Enter the account # in the 1st space provided. If the cost of the purchase is to be shared (up to three accounts), indicate these account numbers in the spaces provided.
15. Percent: If you have entered more than one account # then you must indicate a percentage of the total you wish applied towards each account number.
16. Expense Type: An expense category is required for all research accounts.
First Item Ordered
17. Quantity: Enter the quantity required.
18. Description: Enter an exact description of the goods or services required. (To enter additional information – please see item # 23 only after your requisition # is assigned).
19. Price: Enter the unit price.
20. Per: Enter unit.
21. Click Add - if you are satisfied that all the information has been entered correctly.
22. A requisition # is assigned.
Expand Description and Add Additional Items
23. Click Expand - if you wish to expand the description on item # 1 or request additional items to be ordered.
24. To “expand the description” on item # 1 – go to “key the expanded description” and Enter 1 in the box. Type the expanded description in the space provided. You may use up to 99 lines of expanded description per each item #.
24a - Click Change – when the expanded description for item # 1 is complete.
25. To create additional item(s) to be ordered for the same requisition enter the next consecutive item # in the “Item Number” box - Click GO. (See steps 17 - 21).
26. To review all items of a specific requisition – enter PRDIQ in the “next screen box”: – Click GO.
27. If you are satisfied that all the information is entered correctly – Enter POR in the “next screen box” – Click GO.
28. To Print your requisition – Enter Print in the “next screen box” and your departmental Printer #. Click GO.
29. Obtain approved signature and forward the requisition and associated documents to Purchasing Services for creation of Purchase Order.
NOTE: Requisitions for travel always require the signature of the traveller's supervisor.