Partner & External Events
Canadian Rivers Institute: Integrated Forum: Ecosystem Management Course
This course is made up of a series of 6 webinar lectures presented by Roland Cormier. We will have a final face-to-face workshop at the end of April to tie things together and participate in a full day game based on a marine spatial planning exercise. The examples used will mainly be marine ecosystems, but the topics and content relate to ANY environment.
It is open to ANY student, staff, or colleague. The course experience will be richer the more participants we have from different backgrounds.
For more information, or to register, please visit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eFU-7LnQ7UHGiI7PI_4EeTftO1QXpmmD38FpqUbYX8w/viewform
Climate Research Lab, University of PEI: Living Shorelines Training
Join Living Shorelines Expert Kevin M. Smith, Maryland Department of Natural Resources, who will lead discussion of topics including:
- Shoreline Erosion (Causes and Outcomes; Natural Processes)
- Shoreline Erosion Control Practices – Overview (Traditional Practices)
- Origins of Living Shorelines (History, Definitions, How the Practice Developed)
Philosophy of Living Shoreline Practices (Dynamism, Physical Processes, Shoreline Habitat)
- Living Shoreline Practices (Sand Fill, Sills, Breakwaters, Innovative Approaches)
- Benefits (Fish and Macroinvertebrates, Erosion Protection)
This event will take place on February 18th, 2015 at UPEI.
To Register: Please send your name, organization, mailing address, telephone and email to email@example.com.
The cost of the training is $10 which includes lunch and coffee breaks, as well as a copy of the 225-page Climate Diary for recording phenological observations.