About the Certificate Programme
- Courses 36 hours of contact.
- Course offerings per summer vary.
- Courses will be taught by internationally recognized experts in the field of dual diagnosis.
- Provider of CEUs for BACB.
Methods and Levels of Certification and Credit
- Each course represents a certificate course on the selected topic.
- Four courses comprise credit toward a Core-Level Certificate in Habilitative Mental Health.
- Additional levels of certification in Clinical Applications and Leadership and Supervision can be obtained by taking additional courses (2 each).
- Some content of this programme may apply to the MA in Child and Youth Studies, MA in Applied Disability Studies, Master of Applied Disability Studies, and Graduate Diploma in Applied Disability Studies Brock University, Ontario or the M.S. in Mental Health Counseling from Niagara University, New York, with faculty advisement. In order to be eligible for the graduate credit, students must apply and register as a student at the university of their choice. For graduate level status, there are additional readings and course assignments to fulfill the graduate requirements.
Duration of Programme
Courses run Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm each day.
Monday 8:00am - Registration and Meet & Greet
Friday - Please be advised very effort is made to end early, however this is not guaranteed.
Accommodations & Training Site
The 2016 Summer Institute will be held at the following:
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
327 Ontario Street, St. Catharines, ON L2R 5L3
Please contact the hotel directly to arrange your accommodations and for discounted rates please quote “Brock University DD1" for May 30 - June 3, 2016 or "Brock University DD2” for June 6-10, 2016.