The Lord Jesus Christ instituted the Holy Ministry by calling the apostles, and He continues His ministry by sending pastors to continue their work. Today He does it through His church. The most important support we need at Concordia is good students. Read the qualifications set down by St Paul in I Timothy 3:1-7. If you fit this description and desire this office, this is a good thing. Pray about it fervently and then apply! If you know someone else who fits, pray for him, encourage him, and recommend him.
Concordia also trains men and women for diaconal service in Lutheran Church–Canada. Read I Timothy 3:8-13 and you might find yourself or someone you know reflected in those words.
But good quality theological education comes at a cost. Together with the support of mission, it is one of the chief purposes for which Lutheran Church-Canada, our parent body, was founded. We are blessed to receive financial support from synod to cover about 25% of our budget. Another 20% or so comes from tuition fees levied on our students. The rest—some 55% of our budget—must be raised through private donations and the proceeds of our general endowment fund.
We urge and invite you to support the work of the Holy Ministry by donating to Concordia in one of these ways:
- Give immediately to our general operating needs by credit card through Canada Helps.
- Donate to the Concordia Seminary Foundation (endowment) through Canada Helps.
- Join the seminary's "1000 Club" by donating $1000 to the General Endowment Fund or to reducing the seminary's long-term debt.
- Send a cheque in an envelope delivered to you through our regular appeals.
- Support us more often by sending a cheque any time you choose!
- Phone us up, ask for Mike Bauer, and donate by MasterCard or Visa.
- Budget your giving with a monthly pre-authorized Electronic Fund Transfer. Fill in this form online and print it, then attach a void cheque and mail it to the East District Office. It's as simple as that, and it gives the seminary reliable and regular income.
- Consider a gift of shares or a deferred gift (bequest) with the help of a Gift Co-ordinator from Lutheran Foundation Canada (www.lutheranfoundation.ca).
- You may donate food and clothing items directly to the students. See the student association website.
- NEW! Purchase books or merchandise through our virtual shops on Amazon Canada or Amazon USA and a portion of the proceeds supports our seminary. Anything you buy from Amazon counts, as long as you enter through our link.
Remember that your gifts can be directed to many different goals:
- General operating expenses
- Student aid
- General endowment fund
- A named endowment fund with a restricted purpose
- Reduction of our long-term debt
thanking Him for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now, confident of this,
that the One who began a good work in you will bring it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Phil. 1:3-6).