Dr. Dirk De Clercq
Professor of Management
Recipient of Brock University's Chancellor’s Chair for Research Excellence
Goodman School of Business, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ont.
Phone: 905-688-5550 x5187
Office: TA 428
Bachelor and Master in Engineering, Ghent University, Belgium
Master in General Management, Ghent University, Belgium
PhD in Business Administration, University of Minnesota, USA
Wine business; entrepreneurship; innovation; cross-country studies.
Latest Publications and Presentations
- De Clercq, D., and Voronov, M. 2009. The Role of Cultural and Symbolic Capital in Entrepreneurs' Ability to Meet Expectations about Conformity and Innovation. Journal of Small Business Management, 47, 398-420.
- De Clercq, D., and Voronov, M. 2009. Toward a Practice Perspective of Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurial Legitimacy as Habitus. International Small Business Journal, 27, 395-419.
- Voronov, M., De Clercq, D., and Hinings, C.R. 2009. Social Classification and Interests in Ontario Wine Industry. Cahiers du CEREN, 27, 43-55.
- De Clercq, D., and Voronov, M. 2009. The role of domination in newcomers’ legitimation as entrepreneurs. Organization, 16(6): 799-827.
- De Clercq, D., and Dakhli, M. 2009. Personal Strain and Ethical Standards of the Self-Employed. Journal of Business Venturing, 24(5): 477-490.
- De Clercq, D., Menguc, B., and Auh, S. 2009. Unpacking the Relationship between Innovation Strategy and Firm Performance: The Role of Task Conflict and Political Activity. Journal of Business Research, 62(11): 1046-1053.
- De Clercq, D., Thongpapanl, N., and Dimov, D. 2009. When Good Conflict Gets Better and Bad Conflict Becomes Worse: The Role of Social Capital in the Conflict–Innovation Relationship. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 37(3): 283-297.
- De Clercq, D., Menzies, T., Diochon, M., and Gasse, Y. 2009. Explaining Nascent Entrepreneurs’ Goal Commitment: An Exploratory Study. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, 22(2): 123-139.