Academic and professional development partners are coordinating an ‘on your feet’ mini-conference with micro-sized trainings providing graduate students with an armload of practical skills for employment search and job creation. SHIFT: Make it Happen! is scheduled for Thursday, May 1 in the Plaza Building.
By the end of the day students will walk away with:
• resume reviewed by a career professional and customizations tips to stand out in the crowd;
• mock interview experience with feedback on how to prepare for behaviour-based interviews;
• new understanding and language on how to translate graduate level skills to a potential employer;
• new e-portfolio format to document and ‘visualize’ skills and talents;
• broader options for employment and new professional contacts;
Students will have an opportunity to register for Coffee Connect and have a conversation with a university thought leader or local entrepreneur.
All conference participants will attend a post-conference networking event, the SHIFT Mixer, to make valuable professional contacts from the University, Niagara and beyond.