The Co-op Programs office is hosting a series of co-op employment training workshops this fall to help prepare students for their upcoming work terms.
The workshops are open to second-year undergraduate students and graduate students, and cover program expectations, nailing the job interview and networking with industry professionals.
“The workshop series is absolutely essential in learning about the career possibilities that exist in today’s labour market,” said Julia Zhu, senior relationship manager in the Co-op Programs office. “Identifying employment and industry trends will assist students in determining the path their job search should take.”
Workshop topics and dates are:
• Co-op employer mock interviews, Oct. 22, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Pond Inlet.
• Co-op alumni night, Oct. 29, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in AS 204.
• Frequently used business applications on a co-op work term, Nov. 6, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., TH 247.
• Brand yourself on social media, Nov. 12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., AS 204.
• Employer mock interviews, Nov. 13, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Pond Inlet.
• Employer panel discussion: Arts, social science and science programs, Nov. 13, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., various locations.
• Co-op employer panel: How to be successful on a co-op term, Nov. 27, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. TH 247.
• Co-op employer mock interviews, Nov. 27, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Pond Inlet.
For more information about the sessions, including participants and dress code, view the full schedule.