Those with a hankering for lunch in the Guernsey Market Thursday will have to find their food fix elsewhere that day.
Guernsey Market, including Market Hall, will be closed for preparations for General Brock’s October Soiree that evening. It’s the sixth annual edition of the gala, which is the University’s premier fundraising event for scholarships and bursaries.
There will be no access to Market Hall, including for pedestrians hoping to take a shortcut through the area, during the day. Detours will be set up in adjacent hallways.
Foot traffic could also be slowed in Thistle outside the Matheson Learning Commons and Sean O’Sullivan Theatre as crews set up decorations and props for the event. Staff, students and faculty walking through the area are encouraged to allow extra time for their travels.
Guernsey Market and Market Hall will be open for business as usual on Friday, Oct. 12.
In the meantime, there are several alternative dining options on campus for Thursday. They are:
• Lowenberger and Decew residence dining halls, open 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. for residence students
• Walker Complex food court, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Tim Hortons (Tower), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Tim Hortons (Thistle), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Cairns Complex mini market, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Union Station, 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Alphie’s Bistro, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Noodles (International Centre) 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.