More than 1,200 Brock students will be hitting Niagara’s streets this weekend as a shining example of volunteerism.
The students will be washing cars, polishing shoes, painting faces and firing up barbecues for Shine Day 2013 on Sept. 7, the marquee event for Brock’s Shinerama campaign organized by Brock University Students’ Union.
The students will set up at 24 locations and collect donations for their efforts for Cystic Fibrosis Canada. BUSU’s goal is to raise $34,000 for the cause. So far, $4,000 has been collected at other Shinerama activities held during the summer.
Shinerama is the largest post-secondary fundraiser in Canada and is the largest volunteer effort organized by BUSU.
Shine Day 2013 runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine.
Shine Day 2013 shine sites
– Beatties Basics: Shoe shine
– Super Centre (Fourth Ave): Car wash
– Cats Caboose: Car Wash
– Dairy Queen (Merritton): Car wash
– Jiffy Lube (Hartzel Road): Car wash
– Pen Centre: Shoe shine, balloons and face painting
– Kelsey’s (Pen Centre): Car wash
– M&M Meats (Glendale): Barbecue
– M&M Meats (Lake Street): Barbecue
– Momo Cars: Car wash
– No Frills: (Lake Street and Lakeshore Road): Car wash
– The Body Shop (St. Paul): Car wash
– Sobeys (Glendale): Car wash and barbecue
– Wal-Mart (Fairview Mall): Barbecue and face painting
– Zehrs (Fairview Mall): Barbecue and car wash
– FreshCo (Welland Avenue): Car wash
– Beatties Basics: Car wash
– Sobeys: Barbecue and car wash
– Zehrs: Barbecue
– Foodland: Barbecue and car wash
– Nick Basciano Community Centre: Car wash
– Zehrs: Barbecue and car wash
– Sobeys: Car wash
– Foodland: Car wash