Did You Know?
Each academic year, many students receive an academic penalty for engaging in academically dishonest behaviour. As well as the academic penalty, a letter of academic misconduct is placed in their academic file.
In many cases these students:
- never intended to plagiarize, or cheat.
- did not realize their behaviour was considered academically dishonest.
- did not know how to properly cite.
Avoiding plagiarism is not easy. It will require you to be diligent and vigilant in your academic work.
Brock’s Academic Integrity program promotes AWARENESS, to ensure that students can develop the SKILLS and gain the KNOWLEDGE you will need to be academically successful.
You will need:
- to be aware of the academic expectations placed on your academic work.
- to develop your academic integrity skills.
These are important steps to achieving your academic success.
The easiest way for you to help yourself… is to ASK
Quote of the Month
"Honor your commitments with integrity."
- Les Brown