We nurture both sides of the brain
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence.
Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. Students develop rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides. We view community involvement as crucial to developing intelligent, well-rounded members of society.
Campus to career path
More than 85 per cent of recent university graduates report working at jobs requiring skils they acquired at university.
Three years after graduation, the employment rate for university graduates is 91 per cent, and the median bachelor degree holder earns 33 per cent more than the median college graduate.
At Brock, our cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs offer multi-faceted degrees that help students build careers and get jobs.
Brock's rigorous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs include experiential learning opportunities and one of Canada’s largest co-op programs.
Through much of the past 15 years, Brock has been one of Ontario's fastest-growing universities, both in students and modern infrastructure.
More than $300 million in construction has been committed or commissioned to expand the campus. In recent years we've constructed:
- the $120-million Cairns Family Health and Bioscience Research Complex, a state-of-the-art facility where students and professors explore new frontiers in green science and health & wellness
- in downtown St. Catharines, the spectacular new home of the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts
- new student residence spaces
- the Jack and Nora Walker Canadian Centre for Lifespan Development Research, a facility unique in Canada
- a new International Centre
Situated in the heart of Ontario's Niagara region, just 60 minutes from Toronto, Brock's campus has a beautiful natural setting along the brow of the Niagara Escarpment, which is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
We have the numbers to back it up
Consider the following:
- When students from across our seven faculties gave their ratings to the Globe and Mail Canadian University Report, Brock was one of Canada’s top medium-size institutions in terms of quality of education, quality of teaching and most satisfied students.
- With more than 18,000 students and nearly 600 faculty, we’re small enough to be intimate, big enough to be world-class and in demand among international students.
Brock provides opportunities for social and academic growth that don’t exist at larger universities, like access to professors. Our emphasis on moderate class sizes in seminar settings makes more students full participants in the learning experience.
Brock University is a special place that’s worth a visit.