- About Us
- Departments and Centres
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Centre for Biotechnology
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Science Stores
- Academic Programs
- Contact Us
Department of Mathematics
About our program...
Thank you for your interest in Brock University's Graduate Program in Mathematics and Statistics. Brock University offers a unique M.Sc. program aiming at providing students with an intensive advanced education in areas of Mathematics and Statistics in preparation for further graduate studies or the job market.
Note: PDF presentation of our graduate program can be downloaded here.
The Mathematics Department has a tradition of individual excellence in research, which has been strengthened by the appointment of nine new faculty since 1999. In research output the Department is currently in the top three in its category among Ontario universities as ranked by Canadian University Publications. If you want to pursue advanced studies in Mathematics or Statistics at M.Sc. level, you came to the right place! Note that we normally give full funding to all admitted students, both domestic and international. This funding is intended to cover all tuition and living expenses. You can read more about our program by selecting items from "Prospective students" menu on the left.
Note: The deadline for application for admissions for academic year 2013/14 is February 1, 2013. Applications received after that date will be considered as long as spaces are available. Please refer to the how to apply page for details.
- Vivian Akpene Apety has been selected by the Senate Graduate Studies Awards Sub-Committee to receive the G. Ronald Brown Graduate Award (2013).
- Farid Aliniaeifard has been selected by the Senate Graduate Studies Awards Sub-Committee to receive the Edgar and Irmgard Penner Scholarship (2013).
- Neil Marshall, who graduated with M.Sc. degree in Mathematics, received the Spirit of Brock award at the October 2012 convocation
- Andrew Skelton (M.Sc. Mathematics) received Governor General’s Gold Medal in July 2012 convocation. The medal is awarded to the student who achieves the highest academic standing at the graduate level.
Ontario Association for Mathematics Education Golden Section Spring Conference
May 23, 2013 - 3:30pm - 7:00pm
Canadian Mathematics Education Study Group 2013 Annual Meeting
May 24, 2013 - 9:00am - May 28, 2013 - 5:00pm
Mathematics Education Research and Mathematics Teaching: Illusions, Reality, and Opportunities
May 24, 2013 - 9:00am - 5:00pm